Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Impossible Image Issue

• Please log in to reply

Robert Tracy

Robert Tracy

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Look at this for example: Girl with Christmas Lights. Look at the sleeve on the left side. How dark the shadow is and I know it's transparent. The darks in the hair and the entire picture are too dark with odd, muddy, burnt-out color tones. I know this, along with all my images, was not like this on Sun. I uploaded a new image to deviantart. It looked fine in color tones but not as sharpened as I wished so I changed files with a better one and it looked so bad I deleted it. Went to my Art site and looked at the many images there. All are bad, too dark, burnt out looking. Looked at them in Photoshop. The same. Just wrong. However, I uploaded an image to Facebook and it looks fine. On Mon. I re-calibrated the monitor with Spyder2express and still no good.

I have a ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics card that's functioning well.

The only thing I did on Sun., that is not unusual for me, was to switch to Windows XP mode to upload an image from Microsoft FrontPage. Back to Windows 7 Ultimate and all images both locally and online (with the exception of images on Facebook) have this awful color, particularly in the darks. It's the same on my Mac OS X, version 10.4.11. This includes all image files, including .psd; .tiff; .png and .jpg. And it's not only in color images. The darker grays in a B & W image turn black.

This is so sudden and odd a phenomenon I don't see any solution.

Ideas toward a solution will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Advertisements