Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My computer is running at 100% Need Help

• Please log in to reply

foreverjandc

foreverjandc

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, I really hope someone out there can help me. I have two computers that are running really high (100% CPU) even when I'm in idle. I figure I can start with one computer and then work on the second on after. the first one is an HP Pavilion dv9815nr running Windows Vista SP2. below is the Hijack This log. I hope someone can help!
I've tried all my resources and I just can't figure this one out. Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisements

stupidhomer

stupidhomer

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
If you look in task manager, what does it say is taking the most CPU?

foreverjandc

foreverjandc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok i looked to see what is running the highest cpu... the cpu is running at 65% and I have not touched anything but put task manager up. enclosed is the pic of task manager without opening anyother programs. McSACore.exe is the highest at 49. next is system idle at 37.

Attached Thumbnails

• no_programs_running_but_task_manager.jpg

Edited by foreverjandc, 09 December 2009 - 08:38 PM.

foreverjandc

foreverjandc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This is what happens when I open internet explorer... iexplore.exe is the highest at 50... Do you think I have an infection or something. My computer was working fine last week but now it is running high and internet explorer keeps freezing up on me, ( i can't even close it out unless i manually stop the process through task manager.) any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails

• with_internet_explorer.jpg

Edited by foreverjandc, 09 December 2009 - 08:42 PM.

JennyS

JennyS

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Firstly, open the run window, and type in sidebar.exe. Right click on the sidebar, go to properties, and uncheck "start sidebar when windows starts". It doesn't need to run on startup unless you like it a lot. Secondly, your siteadvisor is eating a lot of your CPU too. I use the addon for Firefox, which is much easier on your machine.

What version of IE are you using? It almost seems like there's a memory leak.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).