Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotlinks/Links are not opening from anywhere?

• Please log in to reply

Riddle Me This

Riddle Me This

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm back again! This time its with a friends computer hiccuping up some problems.

She's running vista on a dell laptop. She uses windows live hotmail. Every time she clicks to open a link, no matter where it may be (Email, Applications linked to a website or running from a website, etc. etc.) an error message pops up with the link name that has been clicked, and the message "Application not found." I don't know vista at all, so I couldn't help her.

At the same time, a problem with her system restore began. She cannot restore to any points. The message that appears states:
"System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.
Details: An unspecified error occurred during system restore."

She gave Firefox a try, and didn't like it. She uninstalled it, and awhile after the messages began to pop up. I include this in the case it may be involved. She uses IE as her web browser. It began about a month ago, and she has not been able to resolve the problem.

Any help would be nice!
~Riddle Me This
(Back again after almost a year of inactivity! :) )

Advertisements