Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intermittent disconnection

• Please log in to reply

alexanderegrt

alexanderegrt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. Hope you guys can help me with this problem that I'm facing, or maybe re-direct me to the appropriate forum to post this thread.

I experience frequent disconnection to the internet, about once every 30 minutes. It will reconnect by itself within 1 minute, but that doesn't help when I'm playing online games and cannot afford to disconnect at any moment. On a good day, the connection is smooth ie. there is no disconnection at all. On a bad day (like today), I disconnect every 30 minutes.

I have 4 PCs and 2 laptops connected to the modem via a router. My own PC is connected via wireless usually. I tried using cable connection, but the problem doesn't go away. And just in case it might be my PC's own fault, I tried observing one of the other laptops and it disconnects frequently as well.

I'm not sure what additional information regarding the specifications you guys need. These are the basics:

Modem: DSL 305E AZTECH
Router: DI-524UP

Advertisements