Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing codec for missing windows media player

• Please log in to reply

jenny222

jenny222

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
hi. i got an error message from windows media player saying 'a codec is required to play this file. to determine if this codec is available to download from the web click wb help'. i went to the microsoft website and it directed me to wmplugins.com but there was nothing to download. the codec i need is Intel/Ligos Indeo Interactive 5.0 (IV50). can u plz give me a link to download the codec.

Advertisements

JennyS

JennyS

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Try playing the file in VLC media player. Works wonders.

EndProductUser

EndProductUser

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Or try the K-Lite Codec Pack for Windows Media Player (The "Full" pack should do you fine).

jenny222

jenny222

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i installed k lite full pack but the vidoe didnt open. i also hav vlc media player but zat also didnt work.thanku

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Where is the video from?
Is this the only video file, which won't play?

jenny222

jenny222

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
it is an avi file and its has been videod from a logitech camera.it worked on my old computer but i uninstalled logitech on zat computer but the video still works on windows media player. it does not work on this computer and it says i need to download the codec i mentioned before.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Codec is here: http://ligos.com/ind...products/indeo/
Not free though.