Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Laptop w/ Windows XP Won't boot past Windows Logo

• Please log in to reply

dnicole23

dnicole23

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My son has a Dell 600M laptop and it was working fine one day but the next day he turned it on and it wouldn't go past the Windows logo. Instead it goes directly into the Setup screen. I've tried each option on the Setup screen, thinking that the "Start Normally" or "Start Using the Last Known.....", would work best but nothing helps. It just does an endless rotation of Dell Logo, Setup screen, Windows Logo, over and over again. We've unplugged it from the power cord, we've taken the battery out and we've popped out the card on the side and blown in air to clear out any dust, but nothing has worked. And when it's on the Setup screen there are a bunch of characters all over the screen. And it's black except for the white highlight bar that highlights whatever option it happens to be on but you can't actually see the words. I had to boot up my desktop and go to the Setup screen to figure out what was actually on the screen and what option was being highligted.

Advertisements