Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Data entry for Access

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
I use MS Access at work but do not have it installed on my home pc. Can I still enter data at my home pc (say using WORD) and then upload the data later to my database at work?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Word isn't designed for this and as far as I know you can't import from Word into Access.
You may be better off talking to your IT department as sometimes they are able to sanction an off-site licence. Ask them, nothing ventured nothing gained.

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Thank you Neil.

Welshhobo

Welshhobo

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
If you are really desperate, you can type it into notepad. Access has a function that allows you to important data from .txt files so long as there some sort of separator between words (like a space or comma). It'll be a mess to type out though and one missing separator can screw the whole thing up