Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unable to load computer

• Please log in to reply

tasha7

tasha7

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my computer is running in a loop and is unable to start up can anyone help.

Peace

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I'm assuming that you mean it will boot part way and then automatically reboot? If so, start tapping the F8 key when you see the BIOS splash screen. You'll get a menu asking what you would like to do. Use your arrow keys to move up to the line that says "Disable automatic restart on system error" and hit enter. This will halt the boot process when the error occurs so you can write down the error for us.

tasha7

tasha7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i got inpatient and just put the repair disk in but now my screen resolution isn't working when i attemp to adjust it i can't slide it to more.

Peace

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
It sounds like your video card drivers aren't installed. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System and click on the "Hardware" tab then "Device Manager". Do you see any yellow question marks anywhere? If not, expand the "Display Adapters" section and post back what is listed there.