Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What the...,x2 iexplore.exe's running high.1@582,920 k and other 1

• Please log in to reply

kurt uk

kurt uk

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi guys I am new to ur site today,(thankyou 4 this).
Trying to clean up my new acer net book,only had it for 3 months and already worried !!.One of the problems was on opening tsk mngr I found that iexplore.exe was top of the mem usage list at 582,920k then I look down the list 5 places and its there again on 19,000k.@ number 4 on list i got explorer.exe running at 23,000k. soooo high.Iwent out of internet and viewed tsk mgr still the same! (my disk space to use on temp internet files is on 50mb and I dont have anything in my favourites except this site and one more
task manager xp home sp3:-

1-iexplore.exe @ 582,920k (why so high)
2-rps.exe @ 35,772k (I think belongs to my virgin pc guard,this seems high)
3-svchost.exe @ 23,692k (I have multiple of theese running ,5.)
4-explorer.exe @ 23,000k
5-iexplore.exe @ 19,000k
my peak commit charge has hit 1133212k commit charge limit is 2491816 which phisical x virtual i think, physical mem total is 1036164k available phisical is 175052. Any help would be appreiciated,I feel as though this machine is gonna blow up ;-)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
If it's IE8, two iexplore.exe running is normal.
Why one is running at 582,920k, I'm not sure...

Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same thing?

As for other, I don't see anything abnormal.
I have two explorer.exe running at this moment at 35K and 37K.

kurt uk

kurt uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
thanks broni,yeh my naine issue is the iexplore.exe running at over 500,000k wonder if its a virus,im gonna have another look on forum see if any 1 had same probs but as of yet cant see anyone.

Thanx for response broni chat 2 u soon mate

kurt uk

kurt uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanx for rapid response broni.yeah ,my main concern is the way iexplore.exe is hoggin @ 600,000k 2 combined,1 @19,000k is prob ok but 1 @580,000k is extreeme,reely puzzled at this one mate

kurt uk

kurt uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
soz about the echo i seem to have ,i coudnt see me reply lol ;-) :l

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same thing?

kurt uk

kurt uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
sorry broni ,still the same when i do that .thanx

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

kurt uk

kurt uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
will do

kurt uk

kurt uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi broni mate,ive posted my logs but know ones got back to me yet bud

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Have some patience, we are very busy

If you have waited longer than three days for a reply you can post in The Waiting Room