Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trojan virus

• Please log in to reply

fortress65

fortress65

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a dell inspiron 1420 just in the last 3 days it started to freez up while my wife was doing school work
i use mcafee security center it came on the laptop i contacted dell and they remoted my laptop installed PC Tools spyware doctor and ran a scan besides tracking cookies they said it had a trojan 'i did see it pop up in the corner of the window..needless to say mcafee dont find it my scan comes up clean ..dell linked me to a dell service that wants money to fix it but i cant believe that.. anyway mcafee also said they had a service that wants money so is there any software that can find this trojan and remove it :) i cant give you the virus name because i cant seem to find it ..please help ,thanks

Advertisements