Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant open ftp sites, need help!

• Please log in to reply

aqclaban

aqclaban

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
hi im aqclaban!

i been playing ragnarok online for about six years and this is my first encounter of an error concerned about downloading a game patch. usually ragnarok here in the philippines does weekly maintenance at patch update during wednesdays. one wednesday changed my playing habit, i cant download the game patch. tried downloading manually through ftp site but it says - error 425 "cant open data connection". i tried to close my firewall, restart pc, and tried other ftps sites but i can connect. i also tried to use an ftp client and downloaded the game patches but still i cant play the game. can anybody help me pls? i tried to google some solutions but i really dont know how this thing works. i hope somebody can help me asap and give step by step procdures on fixing the problem.. thanks a lot!

Advertisements

aqclaban

aqclaban

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
still no reply :)

huffty

huffty

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi aqclaban

I had a similar problem in that I could not access my website via any ftp and the same error message as yours appeared. If you are running with a seperate firewall check to see if Windows firewall is disabled, my problem was solved with my McAfee firewall running but the windows firewall disabled.

Hope it helps

Steve

Edited by huffty, 09 January 2010 - 09:05 AM.

aqclaban

aqclaban

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
i already tried that but still it doesnt work