Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Share my file on network

• Please log in to reply

ong2lua

ong2lua

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Oh man! You know what? I've just ran into the same problem again by the wireless can't access the wired computer when attempting to acess the file. I've followed the information you've posted, but couldn't find the key DWORD "NoFolderOptions" to set it to "0" or delete it from the registry. The wired computer is a Windows XP Home Edition with service pack 2. It seems like Windows XP service Pack 2 has so much problem like this. I've reboot the computer in safemode and set permission for everyone and then reboot it, but still no accessible. I want to pull all my hair off....

Advertisements

ong2lua

ong2lua

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Dang! I 've just ran into this same problem again. I've reboot in safemode and set the permission for everyone to access. Also tried to look for the DWORD "NoFolderOptions" in the windows registry to modify it to "0", but didn't see such key. I'm using Windows XP HOme. I've did everything such as turned off all the firewall. What else could have been wrong? I want to pull all my hair out.

digitaly

digitaly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Oh Noooo! don't panic mate and leave your hai alone... read here if does not help let us know...
http://support.micro....com/kb/304040/
http://www.microsoft.../en-us/506.mspx

Edited by digitaly, 27 May 2005 - 10:09 PM.