Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop

• Please log in to reply

kelly1

kelly1

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Could someone please walk me through the process of saving a desktop theme so when I come out of safe mode I can restore all the desktop icons to where they used to be. my computer is an HP Presario with Windows XP, with the 3rd service pack.

Thank you in advance.

Kelly.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
This is what I use: http://users.rcn.com...on_restore.html

kelly1

kelly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks Broni, I'm considering that one, I've just found another one, what do you think, opinions anyone ?

http://download.cnet...4-10912853.html

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
The advantage of my solution is, that you don't have open any extra program/window to reset your icons.
You simply right click on any system folder, like Recycle Bin and Save/Restore Desktop Icons options are right there.

kelly1

kelly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Yours is even more convenient only a few clicks, I tried the DesktopOK out it works pretty good, but more fiddling, right click on icon, open, save, close. either one sure saves me a lot of work ! thanks again Broni :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're welcome :)