Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer says Boot Failure Need Help Please.

• Please log in to reply

miseryfaerie

miseryfaerie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Everyone, Really hoping someone is here lol

I'm trying to boot up my mom's computer. I had this hard drive in my other computer and I'm giving it to my mother now.

I have turned on the computer and it keeps saying Boot Failure. Thing is I do not have a boot disc for the windows xp pro anymore.

So... how can I get it to boot up now? Is there another way without having to copy a boot disc, I dont have any floppy discs right now, and I'm trying to get this finished tonight, plus the floppies i do have aren't pulling up on my computer, it isn't recognizing that I even have a disc in there when I try to access it.

Blah! So i dont know if the floppies I have are good, or my drive is screwed up. Anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
you are going to need a bootable cd or floppy if it won't boot to the hd. If you don't have one, you can go to http://www.bootdisk.com/ and find resourses for making one.

miseryfaerie

miseryfaerie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so so much! That page was very very helpful hon!!!

*big huggles* ;) Really appreciated! ;)

ApriL! Have a wonderful day :tazz:)