Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet explore crashes, rundd32.exe error

• Please log in to reply

kchocky

kchocky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:) I have not been able to run Internet Explore for several days...kept getting an error message iexplore.exe has encountered a problem and needs to quit. I thought it was a problem with a recent Windows Update that had just ran that morning, so I uninstalled the updates, but no luck. I couldn't do a System Restore, tab isn't even showing up...I get an error message saying system restore has been turned off by group policy, but this is a home computer and I am the adminstrator.

I've been able to run Internet Explorer in Safe Mode, but it runs funny. Tried to download Windows Update in safe mode but then the computer just shuts down. Tried to download to a USB and then copy to computer and run update...but I get an error message addressing the following problems - Automatic Updates, BIT, and Event Log.

So now I'm guessing maybe a virus/spyware problem. Ran Registry Mechanic which detected tons of registry problems, I tried to fix, but nothing worked. Just followed all instructions to fix virus/spyware on your site, but still no luck.

Now when I launch Windows, I get an error message rundd32.exe bad image. I get more errors after that - rundll not vaild. And when I launch Internet Explorer, I still get the iexplore.exe error message.

Help - I'm really not sure what to do at this point...a lot of this is very greek to me, so maybe I'm making it worse? Appreciate any advise.

Advertisements

stupidhomer

stupidhomer

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
You need to post this in the spyware and malware topic so professionals can help you