Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP keeps restarting

• Please log in to reply

tigri

tigri

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello,

I have a Sony Vaio Model VGN-Sz140. Get a virus on, I run it the Malwarebyte which removed 20 infection, run it McAfee which removed 2 infection from the computer. On a next startup the McAffe did start to install update, I was planning to run the OTS and post here, since there is still virus left on the computer. Whenn I opened the IE, it take me anywhere on the net, just not on the site where I did want to go. They are usually adult or coupons sites. In the middle of the McAffee update the computer restarted by himself. Since then, if I try to start normally, the Windows XP screen coming up whit a running line then everything goes black and restarting. Bringig up the sreen to choose to star in safe mode, safe wih networking, last know good configuration, normal mode. I tried everything he keeps retstarting. No safe mode, no normal, no last known. I went to the BIOS with the F2, and I did press the F9 - which taking back the BIOS for default settings, save and exit. The computer still keeps restarting. I removed 1 by 1 the memory cards (since my other computer last time have a same problem, and I just did have to change one of the RAM). It's not working either. And I really do not like to buy 2 new memory card if I don't have to. I do not have recovery cd. Is there any way that I can start the computer in any mode?

Advertisements