Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LAN Issues (Need Help ASAP!)

• Please log in to reply

murda_nyc

murda_nyc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok... so i have a very very very odd problem with my computer/labtop/& LAN right now

starting info - i have a built desktop computer, Motorola SB5100 SURFboard Cable Moden, with a LinkSYS Wireless G Broadband Router that my labtop uses for wireless net, and yes our wireless connection/internet is secure, nobody else can use it, both computers have Windows XP

#1. 2 days ago while i was gaming on my desktop, in the middle of my game, my game shut off because my L.A.C. 3 had limited or no connectivity, i clicked repair several times, but it wouldnt work, even though i am administrator, so i used "new connection wizard", and even tho it didnt make a new connection... it made L.A.C. 3 work

solution - i went to Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Event Log... and i found that at the same time it said that my IP had expired & was no longer usable, luckily it worked after i used the New Connection Wizard on my computer

#2. so things were fine, then i noticed the internet on my labtop was not working, so i got on my desktop to find out that L.A.C. 4 was not working or had limited connectivity

solution - after restarting my desktop several times & unplugging the Cable Modem, it finally worked

Question #1 - does anybody know what happened there?
Question #2 - what do i do if it happens again?
Question #3 - is there anything i can do to make sure it dont happen again?

Advertisements