Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PXE-E61

• Please log in to reply

Tia P

Tia P

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

So I started with trying to install Linux then when the graphics card did not work I was going to try and delete it. Then I deleted a needed partition... (I know this because I got Error: 22)

So after a month of ignoring it for the most part I found my recovery disk and tried installing it again, but it would get half way through then an error would come up.

I then turned it into my school's OIT department and they couldn't get it to work either.

But now when I turn on the computer it just says

[codebox]PXE - E61 : Media test failure, check cable
PXE - M0F : exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent[/codebox]

So now I'm running a Hard Disk Self Test because one of the past times I've called HP (my hard drive has crashed 2 times already. Once I was able to send it to HP before the warrenty was up, and I sent it to Office Depot the second time) he had me run this test so I thought I would just run it. So far its at 10% on Comprehensive, and its been about 25 minutes since I started. Estimated time 102 minutes.

Thansk guys!

Advertisements

caravelle420

caravelle420

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
http://h10025.www1.h...n...228&lang=en

This link is straight to the HP website for the HP Pavilion dv9000 CTO Notebook PC for the PXE-E61 error.

http://h10025.www1.h...cname=c00364979

This link is on the HP website and explains how to change the boot order through BIOS. Sometimes just disabling the Network Adapter on boot-up helps.

Also try taking out the hard drive and sliding it back into place. Sometimes the hard drive becomes jarred loose from the connectors causing the PXE-E61 error.

Hope this helped out.