Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't Log On To XP Pro

• Please log in to reply

gce

gce

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all!

I'm having trouble logging on to my XP Pro machine. Everything is fine until I try to click on my account name, but I can't click on the account name. The mouse cursor never changes from the pointer to the hand. If I hit ctrl-alt-del I can type in the user name and password, and hit enter, but it just beeps and says the user name or password is invalid, even though it is the correct user name and password.

I get the same problem starting in safe mode.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

gce

gce

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh,a slight correction.

It doesn't say I have an invalid user name or password, just that Windows is unable to log on and to check my spelling and domain name.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

eherr9633

eherr9633

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
do you in fact log into a domain. If there is a section underneath the password, you probably do and you might not be providing appropriate credentials. Can you log in as administrator. Try just putting in administrator as the user name and supply a password if you gave it one.