Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restore IBM T41 to factory settings without disk

• Please log in to reply

Kaiross

Kaiross

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I've looked through some of the posts about resetting to factory specs and wonder if anyone can walk me through doing this to my IBM T41. I have been getting the BSoD with an IRQL.... error message and it has finally frustrated me to the point that I just want to lobotomize the thing and start over. All info and docs are backed up on another computer so I really don't need anything on this computer.

I tried tossing all the drivers that weren't being used and may have buggered up something as my keyboard and track pad only works sporadically now. I also tried to reinstall a copy of XP that a friend gave me and am not sure if that contributed to the buggering.

Any help for a tech-novice?

Thanks in advance.

Kai

Advertisements