PCI video card doesnt work
Attempting to use the PCI card for a second monitor on a dual monitor setup. 1st video card is AGP
The PCI card is a 4mb SIS 5598/6326 (the name of the windows drivers)
The AGP card is a 128mb Geforce 3 Ti200
Mobo: ASUS A7V33
CPU: Athlon XP 1800
RAM: DDR 512mb
1. Set BIOS to use PCI as primary - works fine until after the part of booting where the drives are detected - then it stops. No error or anything, just stops. Also, power to my keyboard is lost (ie, I can't CTRL ALT DEL)
2. Set BIOS to use AGP as primary - windows boots and finds the new video card. Installs drivers with no problem, but device manager lists the card with a ! and a "cannot start device error"
3. Seems like the PCI card is bad - run it upstairs to throw it in another computer - works great.
4. Tryed the PCI card without the AGP card inserted - stops dead
5. Tryed the PCI card in different slots - with and without AGP card inserted - stops dead
Why does this card hate my PC?