Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black Screen

• Please log in to reply

eherr9633

eherr9633

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
So my computer over the weekend, while I was not home, decided to mess up on me. When I got home on monday, there was a BSOD with an error message that read: Unmountable boot volume and a stop code of 0x00000ED. I follow support.microsoft.com's advice and ran the chkdsk /r from the recovery console. This got rid of the BSOD however, it now gives me the Black Screen of aggravation after the windows splash screen. I tried all safe modes and vga modes and nothing worked. Originally, the boot up was hanging at agp440.sys so i went into the recovery console and disabled it. Now the pc just hangs at MUP.sys. So I still have no safe mode, vga mode, or last know good configuration access and a black screen.

I also am not sure which service pack is installed. I will be checking that in a few minutes if I can from the Recovery Console. Also, I am pretty sure I am using the onboard video. I know the default driver does work since I ran the system utility and ran a few tests from the gui that loads.

any ideas for a resolution here??

Thanks

Edited by eherr9633, 14 December 2009 - 07:22 PM.

Advertisements