Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win32 Skynet? Malawarebytes not working please help!

• Please log in to reply

Sirraf91

Sirraf91

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer has been infected with a virus(s), unknown as to how it got there, that is disabling programs to run such as antivirus scanners, malawarebytes, and most websites. I have tried numerous things to try and run malawarebytes like renaming the .exe and moving its location. Trying to get the computer into safe mode resulted in it restarting stating hardware changes have taken place and I need to run it how I do regularly. Right now the desktop image has changed to black with large font saying " YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED! " Websites redirect, I hear ads when the computer is at its desktop with no programs running, and I have icons in the taskbar called internet security 2010 asking me to purchase things...obviously I havent. It seems I've tried everything I've read on here, so I had to make an account try and see if this is something that can be fixed. Any help to try and fix this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Also, after startup I was notified about a win32 skynet worm???

Advertisements