Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Display Driver nvlddmkm.sys, Unrecongizable Video Card, More Driver is

• Please log in to reply

AzzySkies

AzzySkies

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Original problem that occured yesterday out of the blue when I was playing a game, and it began to freeze up my whole computer. I thought the game was the problem after a few restarts but it was actually the error message "Display Driver nvlddmkm.sys has crashed and has been recovered" something along those terms. So after 6 hours of googling for problems and trying different methods. I came to the point where it was worse than before.

My original problem Display Driver nvlddmkm.sys has crashed and has been recovered" is now gone, but now my computer doesn't even recongize my video OR the driver. (Did a check by looking in my dxdiag)And my load up screen has really really bad pixels everywhere. None of my games are able to start up now.

What I've tried so far.
-Reinstalling the latest nVidia driver (for 8800 GT)
-Rolling back to the older driver
-Removing nvlddmkm.sys
-Removing "FileRepository" folders with multiple instances of nvlddmkm.sys
-A system restore to two days ago when my computer is working fine.

What I'm assuming.
-My graphics card died
-Software just probally sucks.

Specs.
Windows Vista 64-bit
nVidia geforce 8800 GT
Intel® Core™2 Quad Cpu @2.40GHz(4CPUS)~2.4GHs

Much thanks for any possible help.

Edited by AzzySkies, 14 December 2009 - 08:04 PM.

Advertisements