Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my laptop is causing premature aging & other health problems

• Please log in to reply

nuked&fried

nuked&fried

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi - I'll try to make a long story as short as possible. For almost two years, I've been extensively using a Dell Latitude D600 laptop compter for home use. Since I'm a pretty hardcore Internet addict - I've "logged" many hours on this computer....things have gotten to the point where I can routinely spend in surplus of 12 hours per day on this computer.

From the beginning, it seems that my mind/body has been sensitive to whatever "electromagnetic fields", or radiation, this computer emits - and has only grown increasingly sensitive to the EMF/radiation in recent months. It took me awhile to link most of my symptoms to use of this computer - but now, I'm pretty convinced that this "radioactive" computer has a lot to do with some troubling symptoms I've been experiencing over these past two years (some of which have gotten worse at an accelerated rate). For example - in 2008 I noticed that my skin was suddenly aging at an unnaturally rapid pace - it a matter of weeks, it seems that my skin had lost quite a bit of "thickness" and elasticity. It's only been in recent months that I've realized that this computer's radiation, or "dirty electricity" (or whatever term you want to use for the harmful "vibes" coming from this computer) probably was the culprit. This problem has turned into a crisis - because it seems that as each week goes by, as each day goes by - I notice a negative change in my skin. As a woman in her mid-'30s, it's been very upsetting - I feel like what remained of my youth has been rapidly snatched from me. With my skin so thin now, how am I going to look in 5 years?????

Here are some other mental/physical effects I've noticed that I have recently attributed to exposure to this laptop:

---poorer, less-refreshing sleep (as if my brain/body isn't making the melatonin that it needs)

----exacerbated/worsened anxiety

----a "blank mind" effect....as if this computer is "erasing" my brain, or killing brain cells

----loss of physical/mental energy - especially when I'm using the computer. I can definitely feel the electromagnetic radiation - literally. This computer has further robbed my ability to think and reason - and I find it hard to function on the computer. For ex., I find it really hard to even write a simple post most of the time

----increased apathy

---increased depression

---dull aches in a certain region of my body that has made me scared that I have a tumor, or even cancer.

-----hormonal distubances

And this isn't everything (I may be forgetting some symptoms - and have oversimplified some symptoms that I did manage to mention).

When my Gateway desktop was working - I would sometimes be affected by the "bright light" of my CRT computer monitor (so I have a history of flourescent-light/radiation/EMF sensitivity) - but whatever I experienced with my Gateway desktop is nothing compared to the toll that this laptop use has taken on me. It's as though the large "casing" of the desktop protected me from the EMF/radiation that I am easily exposed to with this laptop. When I first started using this laptop - I was taken aback that this small, thin laptop seemed to have as much (or more) processor speed, RAM, harddrive space, etc. - as my MUCH larger Gateway desktop that had recently "died". But with me, at least - there has been a price for this "convenience". I feel like harmful radiation is constantly permeating through the keyboard area, the "mouse" area (which explains why my hands are basically withered versions of their former selves).

I've been wondering if anyone else has dealth with similar problems? Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how I can eliminate this problem? (for reasons that I might elaborate on later, it would be impractical for me to go back to using a desktop) Is it true the the older laptops give off more radiation than the newer models? I'm far from a computer expert (which is why I post to this forum) - but from what I've seen, this Dell Latitude D600 is a relatively-old model - it came out in 2003/2004. It is a laptop that had at some point been in use at my Dad's workplace; in early-2008, he was allowed to take this laptop home for personal/family use.

I've also considered attaching an external keyboard/mouse to this laptop (although that might not be enough of a solution) - which will allow me to sit at a further distance from the laptop and prevent me from touching the laptop directly (touching the laptop is "ground zero" as far as radiation - is it any wonder why my hands look like raisins?). But a lot of those keyboards/mouses attach to the USB port - and one of my USB ports is broken (the other has to house my Wireless adapter).

Help?! Before I wake up tommorrow and look 75! (or worse-yet, develop Alzheimers or die of cancer)

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi nuked&fried,

Welcome to GeekstoGo and congratulations on your first post. :)

If you can not limit your internet/computer time, buying an external keyboard would be a great idea. But first you need to have that other USB port fixed.

God bless.

JennyS

JennyS

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
It sounds like you have depression, and the computer time is making it worse. That's what happened to me. As for the skin, you're probably not getting enough sun or the right nutrition.