Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need some serious help!

• Please log in to reply

JennyInWonderland

JennyInWonderland

• Pip
  • 1 posts
so, i guess the other night, my house lost power. but now my computer is acting super f-ed up! the actual computer will turn on. the fan will start up as soon as i hit the power button, but then it will stop for about 5 seconds & turn back on. once it turns back on it seems to run normal. the only problem is, my monitor won't display anything, it will turn on and it does it's adjusting but then it puts itself in standby mode. the keyboard also won't work. usually when i turn on the computer, the num lock light will turn on as well, but not now. a few times when i tried turning it on, after this problem occured, all 3 of the lights (num lock, caps lock & scroll lock) flashed for about a second & then nothing. my mouse works fine, the red light glows, everytime i move it.

this has happened once before, but all i had to do was unplug the power cord for about 1/2 an hour and everything worked fine. this time, i guess, not so lucky.

does anyone know what i could try before i send my computer away..?? :)

nevermind, we fixed it!! yay! :)
so if anyone ever has the same problem, try unplugging the hard-drive. that's how we fixed this problem. :)

Edited by JennyInWonderland, 15 December 2009 - 07:57 PM.

Advertisements