Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Skippy Sound?

• Please log in to reply

Chamelion

Chamelion

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I can't pinpoint what the problem is, but I'm having odd issues with my sound.

While playing a program of any sort (i.e. a music player), the sound would work fine for a few moments, but then the sound would start skipping, and, worse, starts stuttering at times. The only solution I've found so far is to restart the computer, but I'd like to know what the issue may be that's causing it.

Here's my specs, if that helps:

Manufacturer: Gateway
Processor: AMD Phenom™ 9500 Quad Core Processor 2.20 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
System Type: Vista 64

Sound devices:
- ATI HDMI Audio
- AVerMedia M791 PCIe Combo NTSC/ATSC
- Logitech USB Headset
- Realtek High Definition Audio

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Are these songs that you have played successfully in the past? Any problems when viewing a video or something similar on the internet?

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 15 December 2009 - 07:22 AM.

Chamelion

Chamelion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
They have beforehand, yes. Now it's been skipping at unusual times, most significantly when I'm playing a game in general (I.e. World of Warcraft or an offline game such as the Mystery Case Files series). I'm not sure if it's a program issue, if I need to update my sound card (if that's possible), or what, exactly.