Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

fakeinit.. system will not boot

• Please log in to reply

the Ohio Land Man

the Ohio Land Man

• Pip
  • 5 posts
currently running test on operating system... probably another 1/2 hr befr stops... [bleep] fakeinit virus came from facebook note... check out my pictures, from a buddy...as soon as i clicked i knew.. windows live one care found it right away.. i located file winupdate86.exe in system32 folder..erased it and anything else with win86. shut down machine and tried to run later in day.. wouldnt boot.. i get to the user account and when clicked...goes right to light blue screen. in safe mode.. going admin account.. wont let me access.. i dont think i ever set up a password... any ideas? mick

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I have closed this topic for the same issue

http://www.geekstogo...ot-t261757.html

Once the tech guys get you booting up again, go back to the Malware Removal forum to remove the infection

Make sure you read the sticky threads this time

the Ohio Land Man

the Ohio Land Man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ran a disk check and c drive checks out fine... took all nite...signed in again in safe mode.. black screen, no desk top.. have xp service pack 3 disk in machine presently.. is this what i should attempt to boot off of?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
when you can't even boot into safe mode then a repair is in order...go here for the how to guide...