Like the title says, I'll be playing Borderlands and then it will start to minimize for no apparent reason, and this will continue indefinitely every several minutes.
A couple things to keep in mind:
- This is a fresh build. I just reinstalled everything from Vista up. See my last (unanswered) post for that saga.
- I don't think it's the keyboard. It's a gaming keyboard with good chording behavior. Also, there isn't a consistent key sequence that triggers this.
- I thought it might be temperature. While I'm running hot (80C GPU, 65C CPU) it's not spiking, and it doesn't minimize when I'm doing "nothing" even if the boards are hot.
- Others report trouble with AVG. I'm using Avast and I've tried disabling it.
- I've tried shutting down some obvious services like Windows Feeds update, Google update.
- I've looked through the even log and all I see are repeated attempts by windows to render the desktop and being denied because a program (Borderlands) is blocking it. Not sure if this is proper or not.
- My drivers, etc. are all up to date.
Oh Windows, it's so hard to be your friend...
Edited by Didjit, 15 December 2009 - 12:54 AM.