Missing Disc Drive. . .
Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:37 AM
Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:23 AM
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
Thank's to Broni for the instructions
Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:08 AM
Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:43 PM
Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:42 PM
1. Device Manager does not see the CD/DVD drive, so no luck there.
2. I am using Windows 7, so I attempted the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, Windows did not see the drive, and completed with no errors. I even attempted the Vista option, which had me adjust the Upper and Lower filters. Neither were in there to adjust.
3. I downloaded and ran the patch you linked too, and nothing happened.
4. And finally I tried the last option and after restarting (everything reinstalled like they should) the disc drive is STILL missing.
Have we a 5th option?
Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:45 AM
I take it there is no warranty left on the system?
Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:05 AM
Edited by dustintherrien, 19 December 2009 - 10:06 AM.
Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:19 AM
Maybe you can borrow one from a friend just to see if external would be the way to go. This would show you if it will work first and if you like the capability of external also.
The other option is to take it to a shop and have them try a internal to see if it is the problem. They can test it and if it is indeed a bad drive then you can decide if you want to go external or not from there.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users