Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help with aurora

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

TheClamps

TheClamps

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Okay, I'm sure my problem has been answered here already, but to be honest, I'm too remedial to understand what went on in the other posts.

I tried reading the stickies in the forum but I was just as confused about that as I was about everything else.

All I know is that this program named HiJackThis helps somehow, and it gives you a log and you guys know how to help me from there.

I'll understand if no one feels like dealing with me and it really isn't a big deal, because I'll just have to reformat if it comes down to it. But I'm just confident I won't get flamed over here and you guys seem nice enough to actually help.

I don't really even know where to start.

I have a few programs that you guys posted links to in other threads, but none of them worked.

thanks in advance

- THA CLAMPS!

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!

First we'll need you to download the latest version of HiJack This. Click Here to download the latest version (1.99.1). Please save it in a permanent folder (such as C:\HJT). This is to ensure that backups are saved and accessible in the event you should need it. Follow the instructions below if you are unsure how to save it in a permanent folder:

1.) Click on the link to download HiJackThis.exe.
2.) When it pulls up the box (for you to pick a location to save the file), click on the pulldown menu and select "[C:]".
3.) Click on the button to "create new folder" and name the folder HiJackThis
4.) Double click on the folder you just made (to go into the folder) and click "save" on the bottom of the box.

Make sure you are disconnected from the Internet and all windows and programs are closed. Unzip and Run HiJack This. Click "save a log file", save it, then copy the entire contents of the notepad and paste it here.

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Being helped in a new topic :tazz:

Closing this thread.