Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"not responding", slow computer,

• Please log in to reply

computershot

computershot

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me figure out what is wrong with my computer. It runs super slow and has been for some time. I just can't put up with it anymore, but i don't know what to do. The internet takes a long time to open. Once it is open and at our homepage, we will click on something and the page goes to "not responding" status... that will last for anywhere to 20 secs. to 3 min. before it continues performing and starts to go where we wanted to. This also happens when we use other programs like word. We will click on word, and it will begin opening then stall. opening a file takes forever also. We have high-speed wi-fi internet through the same company as we did before all the problems. We also have norton 360. When i look at our task manager there are alot of processes that show up... System Idle seems to usually take up 99% of CPU. I don't know what all the processes are and if i can get rid of them. I thought i better get help before i ruin the whole computer.
Thank you,
-computershot

Advertisements