Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ROUTER/MODEM/VOIP-Port forwarding Problems

• Please log in to reply

Steeldragon

Steeldragon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ohhhh where do i start..... I hope I don't confuse everyone and hopefully someone can help.
Well first this is what I have.
RCA modem (for cable internet)
Linksys router (VOIP) ip shows 192.168.1.1
Airlink wireless router ip shows 192.168.0.1

Now here is my setup.
I have the actual cable line going into the RCA modem.
From there I ran an internet cable to the Linksys router into the internet port.
From there I ran an internet cable from the Linksys ethernet to the wireless airlink.
From the wireless box I ran a internet cable to the back of my ethernet on my hard drive.

Now everything is working fine, I have internet on my stationary and also have wireless working on my laptop and my phone is working. This is all good so far.(i hope)

My issue is, why do I have these different IP addresses?
Why is one 1.1 and the other 0.1?
Shouldn't one be 192.168.1.1 and the other be 192.168.1.2 ? or the same for 0.1 ip?
I tried changing the air link ip address to 192.168.1.2 but when I did I lost my internet.
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.....

Advertisements