Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XBox 360 and PC Media Sharing

• Please log in to reply

mynamehere

mynamehere

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay here's my situation. My PC is Windows XP and the latest SP. I have an XBox 360. My PC can see my XBox because I can select Xbox 360 in Windows Media Player 11. (click on the arrow, Media Sharing, etc...) My XBox360 can also connect to XBox Live and I can have a wonderful time online. However, I CANNOT stream media (music, video, pictures) from my PC to my XBox. Now why is that? I have searched and searched and performed the following:

1) I added/opened Ports UDP 10280-10284 and UDP 1900/TCP 2869 on my Trend Micro Firewall. (no progress)
2) I disabled my Trend Micro Firewall and used Windows Firewall which all those above ports were enabled. (no progress)
3) I deleted the DRM files from My Computer C:/All Users/Doc and Sets/DRM/ I followed these instructions found on www.geekstogo.com (From Alex):
Click start, go to run
type services.msc
go to Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
double click it and hit stop

then you will need to be able to see all hidden files and folders:
Open my computer window, and click on the tools tab at the top and select
folder options, and click the view tab

Scroll down make sure show hidden files and folders is shown
then scroll further down and uncheck hide protected operating system
files(recommended)

then you must delete the DRM files in Windows Media center folder:
Click on My Computer, choose your harddrive (usually C:) click on documents
and settings folder, then All Users Folder, and you should see DRM folder
Double click DRM folder
Control and a to select all the files, then shift delete (to skip sending to
the recycle bin), then hit yes, now close this window

Go back to run, type services.msc and highlight Windows Media Player Network
Sharing Services and right click and select start, this should fix the
problem varify you are still sharing the connection via windows media player,
library tab, share media option, and that it still sees your xbox,

restart xbox: go to media tab and select music, choose computer it should
now search and (yes finally) find your computer

4) In addition to the steps that Alex posted I found an add-on so I performed these as well from www.geekstogo.com (from user RMVANIR).
Now in Internet Explorer. Yes, it must be IE because an ActiveX control will be used next that only IE can handle. This will not work with Mozilla, etc....
15. Navigate to the website "http://drmlicense.on...en/indivit.asp"
16. Install the ActiveX control when prompted
17. An active "Upgrade" button should appear in the middle of the screen. Left click on it.
18. Follow the process to install.
18. Once complete, reboot the PC.
19. Once the PC is completely booted your XBOX 360 should now be able to see your PC.

Okay so those are the 4 most common fixes I have found online and I my Xbox still cannot connect/see my PC. Bewildering. I'm really done with trying to fix this issue. There is nothing that should be a hinderance to the Xbox. Maybe I'll try disabling both firewalls and see what happens.

Any ideas?

Advertisements