Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection problem, very strange

• Please log in to reply

DanialH

DanialH

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, well after hours and hours and HOURS of searching I think I need a little personal help on this one.

I just re-installed windows vista 32 bit, and ever since then I have had the most bizarre internet problem. First off, it is only this PC (I have another on the network that works fine), its a hard wired connection so its not a wireless issue. Anyways basically what will happen is I will randomly get disconnected from the internet and the only way to restore it is to "diagnose and repair" and then reset the adapter. It is usually happens if I try and stream something or download something, otherwise its normally fine. The other thing that I think makes it weird is that is causes my computer to stutter when it does lose connection, like if i am watching a video (not being download, one already on the PC) the audio and video will stutter for about 3-5 seconds and then continue.

I am willing to give any details you want, just tell me what you need to know, I really really need some help here as this is driving me nuts and I can't download my lectures without losing connection!!

Thanks in advance to all you problem solvers.

Advertisements