Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new build, help

• Please log in to reply

joshusn

joshusn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This is not my first build, by any means, to start this off. The specs of the build I have listed on my profile, however the important ones are here:

ASUS m4a77TD PRO mb
8gig (4X2g) kingston hyper x ddr3 1333 ram
AMD phenom II x4 955 BE
780W PSU

Now, the issue is: the computer, with any of the RAM sticks (done to test) in slot one will post just fine, however if I put in more than one of them, the computer will not POST. I get no video, HDD spins, and the fans start up and speed up then slow down and speed up and slow down repeatedly until I hard shut down, never making any progress. Like I said this is a new build I would like to use it to it's full potential but can't seem to. Any help advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

This is my first post, but I will continue to post for sure, if I can find help.

(my bad on multi post, net lagged)

Edited by joshusn, 16 December 2009 - 02:15 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi and welcome, I closed the other threads.

If you are able to, try testing some completely different RAM in the slots, otherwise I would be looking at the motherboard.

Also what is the make/model of the PSU?

Troy