Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijacked!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Toad4466

Toad4466

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all, i am new here, but i really do need some help. I use XP pro, and Moxilla Firefox lastest version, and whenever i do a search, it skips (normally leaves a blank line in my browsing history that says "Jump" to another search engine or website over and over again, my Avast antivirus, spybot S&D and windows defender cant stop it and i need help!

I installed Trend (log to follow) and i checked my non- plug in and play devices on device manager (with hidden shown) to make sure all is a-ok, sadly i have little hair, and i do want to keep what i have before the weather gets too cold!

If anyone can spot the little blighter then please please tell me how to get rid, i have already deleted and reinstalled Mozilla to no avail

Regards

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Toad4466

Toad4466

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
All done, did what the instrucions said on Malware, and it cleaned it up, easy peasy

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
great... :) ...now that your cleaned up ...follow one of the malware threads...
go to the last page and follow the instructions posted by the malware pro for
how did I get infected in the first place and
how do I protect myself in the future against malware