Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DVD TO MP3

• Please log in to reply

Aryan King

Aryan King

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I'd like a recommendation for moving portions of a family DVD to an MP3(?) to send as an attachment in an email.Something as easy as possible.Thanks

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
MP3 is a sound file, not video file.
What do you have on that DVD? Pictures, movies, or...?

Aryan King

Aryan King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
It's just home movies of kids(I had transfered from tapes to DVD's),but when they transfered it they got the times/dates out of order,so I need to do some kind of editing first.I'd like to edit and e mail them.So should I convert the DVD's to ?????.I've downloaded several kinds of converter systems in the past,but am so unfamiliar with the things they cover(they mention words and abbreviations I don't understand for technical things); I don't get any further than playing the DVD.I'd like to be able to save it to a file of some kind, and then be able to edit it to get it back in order before I send it.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Look at the files on that DVD, using Windows Explorer.
If you see .VOB files, that means, you have to rip the DVD, first, in order to edit files.
Ripped DVD will give you .avi files, which can be easily edited.
To rip DVD, you can use this free program: http://freez-dvd-rip...n.softonic.com/

Let me know, if the files on DVD are in different format, than .VOB.

Hello71

Hello71

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Can't you just rip the files in the AUDIO_TS folder?