Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to find the date a webpage was changed?

• Please log in to reply

Shine1

Shine1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi am new here so I am not sure if the is the right thread to post this question.

I did business with an online company a couple of months ago and believed that they violated our contract. Only after I accused them of such, they changed they added a new policies page. I am trying to get my money back through my credit card company. Is there way to prove that this was added after the fact or find out what date these changes were made?

I have tried several cache sites, but the area they changed is a tab that comes up after you log in as a member of the website.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
A series of cache pages would be the best bet. Did you go through the Way Back Machine? Very rare for someone to keep cached web pages for a long time without updating them, but you might check your browser's history for that possibility.