Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sudden performance loss.

• Please log in to reply

OtherBen

OtherBen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been having a problem with Windows Live whereby an error occurs, 'Windows Live Communication Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close.'

I tried many methods to solve this but have resorted for the time being in contacting Microsoft Live's help service.

However, now my computer is suffering from various problems, including slow performance and random freezes/crashes which are occuring everytime I start-up my computer and persisting until I restart by using the power button.

I have run Malware Byte's virus checker and have encountered no problems on this front.

any help would be appreciated. I run Windows XP, and haven't had any of these problemsuntil this Windows Live error occured. I also tried a system restore to yesterday's settings but to no avail. the problem persists.

Advertisements

OtherBen

OtherBen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have since ran a degfragmentation and ran some tests and cannot see any noticeable errors or problems besides one driver update.

I opened the unit and got rid of some dust and took out and put back in the RAM, reinstalled mozilla, all to no effect.