Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help Finding a Network Connector

• Please log in to reply

The Predator

The Predator

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello. I need help. I just got this D-Link router and am trying to connect my son's PC to our own internet. The router obviously didnt work, as the installation of the driver needed a internet connection. my son's PC is a Windows 7, and has NO connection to the internet. I have no Idea what to do to get my son's PC to the household internet. What do I do? Im not really a computer guy.

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Can you explain a little more about your configuration? For example, it should be Internet -> Modem supplied by ISP -> Uplink port on Router -> PC's. Dlink routers do not require a driver installation so there is something not right.

The Predator

The Predator

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay... I just tried to re-install the DLink and during this 'checking connection' thing a msg pops up saying."Unable to install Over a wireless connection."

The Predator

The Predator

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
If it helps... I have this router:

http://www.bestbuy.c...p;skuId=8040121

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
We are really going to need some additional information from you. How is it currently set up? How many PC's do you have and are they wired or wireless? Do any of the other ones work wirelessly? Has this router ever been set up for wireless access?