Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't open internet or open .exe

• Please log in to reply

sxybmanny

sxybmanny

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Rather scary situation. I was browsing the web and then bam all of a sudden i have the windows alert thing popping up and it started scanning my computer, but it was not any of my anti-virus programs. Right now the computer is shut down and I do not have it connected to internet.

Specific problems is the windows security alert popup occurs. I try using my start-run and a security warning occurs saying application cannot be executed. "The file rundll32.exe is infected. Do you want to activiate your antivirus software now?" The same message pops up when i try using malwarebytes anti malware as well as AVG. I also get an Antivirus software alert in the bottom right hand corner saying "infiltration alert" Your computer is being attacked by an internet virus. It could be password-stealing attacked, a trojan-dropper or similar.
Attack from 120.72.184.246 port 30385
Attacked port: 52577
Threat:BankerFox.A (another one is) win32/nuqel.e
and then it asks if I want to block this attack?

another thing is that a lot of the little windows alert things start forming across my toolbar
I'm not very great with computers =(. My netbook is important to me. I need him!

Edited by sxybmanny, 16 December 2009 - 10:15 PM.

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,050 posts
Hello sxybmanny,

You may have used Malwarebytes before. If you have, and still have it on your machine, please update and run. Post the scan report back here.

If you do not have Malwarebytes please download from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Next
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
So when you return please post
  • MBAM log
  • the two OTL logs - OTL.txt and Extras.txt

Note: Unless otherwise instructed always post the logs in the forum. If reports don't fit on one post. It might be necessary to break the logs up to get them on the forum. Just use as many posts as you need, that's fine. :)

sxybmanny

sxybmanny

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I cannot open Malwarebytes, says Application cannot be executed. The file mbam.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now? =(

and due to it not letting me access internet im accessing internet on a different computer so copy and pasting is an issue =(!

Edited by sxybmanny, 17 December 2009 - 12:41 PM.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,050 posts

I cannot open Malwarebytes

Either the malware or your anti-virus is stopping it.

Malwarebytes on it's own is not infected although some anti-virus programs pick it up as a false positive.

You could try disabling your anti-virus and see if it will run. Another think you could try is renaming MBAM.ex to MBAM.com and see if that will work.

If after those actions you still can't run Malwarebytes move on to OTL and see if you can run that one.

so copy and pasting is an issue

Do you have a thumb drive or some removable storage device that you can copy logs to transfer to the computer you are using to post here?

We really do need to see what's going on in your machine to diagnose what needs to be done.