Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD after Windows logo

• Please log in to reply

darkwind

darkwind

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

I am using Windows XP SP2 and my problem is below:

I have encountered the BSOD right after the Windows logo appear. It restarts and loops endlessly.
I can't access safe mode as it restarts as well.

Below are the code error:
0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8AFEE830, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

I have Recovery Console if that could help.

Thanks in advance
darkwind

Advertisements

Sh0wM8

Sh0wM8

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello,
Last time I saw a BSOD, there was a bit more information on what is was causing such as, there should be somthing below those numbers you posted that comes in the form of _filename_.sys
an that usually describes the BSOD's I have seen. If there is more info on your screen on the even then I can assist you , otherwise my knowledge is useless. >_<

darkwind

darkwind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
hi,

unfortunately, nothing follows after that error code.

darkwind

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Hi Darkwind,

0x00000024 BSOD is often related to a corrupt file system. Usually a full Chkdsk should rectify this problem. If after running a Chkdsk, it still plays up, there may be problems with the Hard Drive, but hopefully thats not the case here.

Go into Recovery Console and you should be presented with a numbered list of Windows partitions. Press the number next to the C: drive (often no. 1), then press enter. Press enter again when it asks for the Administrator password. Then type in chkdsk c: /r and press Enter. Be patient it may take a while, but after it has completed, reboot the PC and see if Windows now boots normally.

darkwind

darkwind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
That did the trick.

Thanks!

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts