Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Motherboard beeps

• Please log in to reply

Menos

Menos

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Some background. We've just got a replacement harddrive from a warrenty, the previous harddrive worked fine with no beeps. This one beeps inexplicibly. It's the same model of harddrive the computer started with, so I'm sure it's not a compatability issue.

The motherboard is beeping, almost constantly at times, while I'm using it. Not during start up, which I know would signal an error code, but when I'm using it, seemingly randomly. I already disabled the beep file in regedit and the beep file in non plug and play drivers. I would really like to know how to make the motherboard stop beeping, preferably without opening the case up. Thanks.

Advertisements

Eddieram36

Eddieram36

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
You might want to try a program like Scunia and update your drivers for the HDD as well as the BIOS. It worked for me.

Eddieram36

LinuxFox

LinuxFox

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had one like that..... maybe it's your motherboard trying to tell you that it's melting.....lol
But seriously, it may be an overheating issue

Menos

Menos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a motherboard problem, as we've replaced the harddrive a few times now and they keep breaking, so it's obviously not the harddrive. ;p

But it's been on for several days with little to no slowdown so a heat problem, if it does exist, is minimal. (Or my motherboard is highly heat resistant. :))

Edit: ALso, where would I find out what model of HDD I have (I assume HDD is hard disk drive, IE hard drive)? And would updating BIOs drivers involve flashing the BIOs?

Edited by Menos, 23 December 2009 - 09:48 AM.