Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WLM 2009 questionmarket.com Random Popup

• Please log in to reply

brownrice

brownrice

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a ongoing irritating problem with Windows Live Messenger 2009.
I have the latest build with messenger plus! installed as well.

Recently, when I open WLM from the taskbar then I press the close button 'x' to minimize it to the taskbar again, sometimes when I do this, a random popup from questionmarket.com will be automatically opened in firefox in a new tab. (even when im not running firefox) Strangely enough, the content is blank except for the title in the page. I have tried blocking cookies from that URL but the problem still persists. I am also unable to reproduce this problem at all as the chance of this happening is totally random.

Here is a screenshot to further illustrate what I mean :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any ideas to get rid of this irritating annoyance?
Help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Edited by brownrice, 18 December 2009 - 12:07 AM.

Advertisements

brownrice

brownrice

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
update: It just got worst now its like 50% chance of happening each time i close the WLM window.