Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Complete Cleanup

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hello. My level of security conscious user is "paranoid". I like to have absolute detection, protection and cleanup.

Is there a software that erases traces of my on-line/off-line activity? I used to have Evidence Eliminator. But I no longer use it. Is there anything similar available or should I just go back to using this software. Yes, I am clear about the danger of using such a thorogh erases, but thisis what I like. Can anyone comment and suggest?

Thank you

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Short of low-level wiping the drive a good couple of times over (which with all these modern huge drives we have now, can easily take a few days), no software you use will completely overwrite everything on the drive. Of course this would trash everything so you'd have to reload operating systems and everything like that.

May I ask, why the paranoia?

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Don't know. Just like this way. I don't even use password keeping software. The best place is my head and not some software that can be hijacked.

But I am more interested knowing where, would computer write data besides prefetch, etc. And where active cookies are on IE?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
All on the hard drive.

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
To say "All on harddrive" is quite general and not really answering my question. :) Just like to say that IE favorites are written on harddrive. :)

Can someone who knows please respond.