Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Question regarding folder permissions in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
My parents are visiting for a few weeks for the holidays, and I usually set up a user account for my father on my desktop. I know how to set permissions for his user account to deny him access to certain folders. My questions has to do with after they leave, and I go to delete his user account from my system. Do I have to first delete the deny permissions I have set up for certain folders, or once I delete his user account, will the deny permissions associated with his name for certain folders disappear as well?

thanks,
mike d.

Advertisements

Hanspuppa

Hanspuppa

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello diggeryo, If you set up an additional User Account and then set all the permissions for this account, you can just delete the account, when logged on as the Administrator, and the account and all the settings will be deleted.

The Administrator Account should be left intact as originally configured.

Hope this helps.

diggeryo

diggeryo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
Thanks for the info, Hanspuppa. That's just what I wanted to hear.