Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Antivirus Pro and Police Pro Viruses lead to Blue Screen of De

• Please log in to reply

OhNoSamSam

OhNoSamSam

• Pip
  • 7 posts
My laptop became infected with antivirus pro and police pro viruses... I tried to 'fight' back with help from geeks to go and ran various scans on my computer. I unfortunately had no anti virus programme installed and the virus had blocked me from using the control panel and all. It worsened and i suffered internet connection problems and eventually this led to blue screen of death. Now whenever I boot up the laptop it comes up with the choose whether to run safe mode screen and if i run windows normally or last known good configuration the comp begins to start up and then comes up with a blue screen with writing saying your comp has become infected with ... etc. If i choose safe mode then a black screen and white writing appears with something then /windows32 system i think? After this it then goes to blue screen also.

My friends have talked to me about re-formattiong my laptop or re-installing windows but i don't have any idea what to do now...?

Please if you could help that would be great as i am only 15 and not really acomputer-wizz... Thanks.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 23,727 posts
  • MVP
Have a friend download kav_rescue_2008.iso

from

http://devbuilds.kas...lds/RescueDisk/

then use the file to create a bootable CD. (Disk Copy, Copy from an Image stored on your harddrive.)

Put the bootable file in your PC and allow the PC to boot from it (You may have to change the boot order to get this to work.)

Once it boots, (you choose your language) then wait several minutes until you get a primitive looking window which has a button labeled Scan. Click on it and let Kaspersky scan your system for infection. If it finds something it will ask you what to do so check back with it every once in a while. It will probably take hours to complete.

If you click on the K in the bottom left you will get some other options, one of which is a very primitive but usable file manager which lets you delete and copy files.

What exactly is the blue screen saying?

What PC do you have (make and model) and what verson of windows?

Ron