Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox 360 does not recognize Laptop

• Please log in to reply

Deployed

Deployed

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to hook my Xbox 360 up through my laptop computer using its wireless network system into a pay by month service. I had it working and was able to play Xbox Live. Then it stopped (I'm sure due to my intervention). One of my computer friends found a virus in the command structure and we wound up wiping the hard drive and reinstalled the software.

I am running XP Professional, Media Player 11, Service Pack 3, & McAfee protection programs. My Xbos is plugged into my computer via a CAT 5 cable. Xbox service told me Service Pack 3 was the problem. I removed it and installed Service Pack 2 but lost my sound drivers. Even after turning off McAfee, my Xbox states it is not connected to my computer. I’ve tried matching the IP address off by one for the Xbox. Still the Xbox does not recognize my computer.

I have reviewed most all of the other posts on a similar topic but found nothing matching my situation.

What am I missing/doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!!!

Advertisements