Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

self-repeating restore point?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello folks,

I need the help of one of your very kind helpful experts (I have been lurking for over two years in admiration of the help offered to other members in trouble).

I have a 1yr. old PC running Vista Ultimate, with 2GB of RAM, and a dual core CPU.
My security is Comodo firewall, Threatfire, Avast! A/V, with occasional use of various online scanners.

Yesterday morning I had reason to do a system restore to a month earlier. Evrything appeared fine. I installed a few updates (Windows and Security) and rebooted as required by the updates. After a second update cycle and reboot I noticed that each time Vista rebooted the same Windows updates were available and my security programs were asking to be updated also, and my desktop was reverting to a previously changed layout.

I have repeated the updates and reboots a number of times with the same outcome.

Can anyone suggest a possible route to follow to correct this problem, please?